RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a bit of history

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a bit of history
    Posted: 18 July 2017 at 13:47
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 10:06
That'll keep you out of mischief for a while John!
Mike O
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 11:04
No chance, I already have four boats, and another under construction. Running out of space!
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 16:37
I missed your response John, but sounds like good news - possibly. Is the new boat a hornet???

PS : You missed a blast at Colwyn Bay, proper breezy (most of the time) except for when we (and a few others) got blown in to windward in a Force 0.3 :-(
Mike O
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 18:42
Hmm, maybe I should have put Bill back on the wire - pies are good. Mind you, looking at the launching sequence photos reminded me of Sandwich Bay a few years ago!
That black machine of Mr Edge's looks mean. Shame it broke up. I'm not cutting the scantlings back that far on the new build :)

Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 12:30
The launching was not too bad if you timed it right, but re-entry was quite exciting, especially for those with a fixed rudder. We got well and truly 'pooped' and swamped trying to do it properly.

I think Tom Guy told me he just retracted the undercarriage and planed up the beach onto the sand. Courage mon brav!

Mucky Muff (rumour has it that it is supposed to read 'mutt' but nobody calls it that now) has a deal of development ahead, but shows streaks of raw pace on occasions. They are going to lower the floor levels somewhat as Dave is spending a lot of time trying not to fall out.

Any chance we will see you this year?

You could always borrow the class boat, now a proven Nationals winner! Dave Jones and Mark Hogan truly thrashed us.
Mike O
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic